Grade 12 Information
COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY INFORMATION FOR GRADUATING STUDENTS
- Distribution of eINFO flyer (Ontario University info) and Ontario College info. (Sept.)
- College/ University presentations. Sign up in advance in Student Services. You may sign up for up to 3 presentations. (Sept.-Nov.)
- Scholarship information sessions will take place in room 111 at 11:00 am on Sept. 23th , 30th and Oct 6th. You must sign up in Student Services if interested.
- Credit counseling sheets will be distributed to all potential graduates (by early Oct.)
- Assembly to provide instructions on how to apply to college or university. (early Nov.)
- Distribution of PIN #s from OUAC for applying to university. (early Nov.)
- Distribution of instruction sheets from OCAS outlining the procedures to follow when applying to college. (early Nov.)
- University/College parent night to review the application process with parents. (early Dec.)
January 11, 2017 – deadline for Ontario secondary school students to apply to OUAC.
February 3, 2017 – last date for students to submit all information to OUAC, including university and program changes to be eligible for consideration for early admission.
May 26, 2017 – latest date by which you can expect a response from an Ontario university.
June 1, 2017 – earliest date by which Ontario universities may require you to respond to an offer of admission.
Note: Universities require ENG 4U and a total of six grade 12 U or M level courses for admission. Some programs have math and science requirements as well.
November 21, 2016 – earliest date that colleges may acknowledge applications.
February 1, 2017 – deadline for applications to be given equal consideration by the colleges.
May 1, 2017 – applicants must confirm their acceptance of an offer of admission by this date.
June 15, 2017 – earliest date that colleges may require payment of tuition fees.
Note: Colleges require ENG 4C for admission. Some programs have math and science requirements. Please see the DM website(Student Services Tab) for dates, additional information and resources.